Travelers Last Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Travelers Last Light

TLL

Ok guys, release is imminent, as you start to log on destiny, make sure to set us as your PSN clan on Bungie, thanks.. and a little friendly recruiting when possible does not hurt either Smile Enjoy Destiny guys

You are not connected. Please login or register

need better ping

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1need better ping Empty need better ping Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:12 am

shodante

shodante

since i'm getting a ps4 destiny bundle. anything i can do to increase my ping and upload speed? i got an ethernet cable and going to set up a static ip address. any recommended dns servers?

2need better ping Empty Re: need better ping Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:02 am

Ramirezpaco

Ramirezpaco
Founder
Founder

I dont know anything to much on that topic, but removing any other devices from wifi should help, how long did it take you to download beta? (took me about 45-55 mins), Robertos took (35) his was next to his router where mine was far

https://travelerslastlight.rpg-board.net

3need better ping Empty Re: need better ping Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:05 pm

shodante

shodante

Not sure. I went to do other things so when I came back it was already done.

4need better ping Empty Re: need better ping Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:51 am

Kylar616

Kylar616
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Ramirezpaco wrote:I dont know anything to much on that topic, but removing any other devices from wifi should help, how long did it take you to download beta? (took me about 45-55 mins), Robertos took (35) his was next to his router where mine was far

Oohhhh look at you with your fancy fast Internet!

Anywho on topic, you can check the channel your wifi is on, google the least used ones but i think it's 1 or 11? And something about having it be at least 2 channels away from the original. This cuts down on interference.

Then again i just remembered you saying you will wire it up. Heard googles dns often speeds things up, if your isp is one of the throttlers then sorry but you're fucked.

5need better ping Empty Re: need better ping Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:12 am

shodante

shodante

Kylar616 wrote:Then again i just remembered you saying you will wire it up. Heard googles dns often speeds things up, if your isp is one of the throttlers then sorry but you're fucked.

Throttlers?please explain what that is

6need better ping Empty Re: need better ping Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:48 am

IvoryShadow

shodante wrote:
Kylar616 wrote:Then again i just remembered you saying you will wire it up. Heard googles dns often speeds things up, if your isp is one of the throttlers then sorry but you're fucked.

Throttlers are the ones that intentionally slow down the speeds of your internet

7need better ping Empty Re: need better ping Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Shanlan Thanlan

IvoryShadow wrote:
shodante wrote:

Throttlers are the ones that intentionally slow down the speeds of your internet

Fucking Comcast, or TWC if you're east coast.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum